THE BUSINESS: Pontypool Post Office has been owned and managed by our clients who bought the business through our introduction in 2011. Due to family commitments our clients have decided now to sell the business which offers a superb opportunity for new owners to benefit greatly from this very well presented business that converted to a Main Post Office as part of the Network Transformation Programme in 2014. The shop premises has level access from the pavement directly into the retail sales area that was fully refurbished in 2014 and now benefits from suspended ceilings, slat wall shelving, CCTV, and new commercial grade flooring. The Post Office has a two position Open Plan Counter, single position Fortress Counter with AEI Booth and a single position Open Plan Counter adjacent to the Retail Counter which is located to the right of the main entrance. The Pontypool Post Office has retail sales from confectionery and tobacco, cards and stationery, cold drinks, handbags and toys. In the retail premises there is also a Photo Booth and full National Lottery that is linked to the Post Office. As you will see during your visit there is great scope at this business for the possible introduction of an Off Licence section (subject to the necessary consent) as well as the introduction of newspapers and magazines following the closure of a Newsagents business in the close proximity. To the rear of the Post Office counter there is a staff kitchen area/store, staff toilet and stairs that provide access to a good size basement storage area.
We believe that protecting the environment is key to a high-performing, successful organisation. We’re committed to maintaining and improving the quality of our environment for our employees, residents and the wider community. This means reducing our contribution to climate change, pollution and use of the earth's scarce resources, by effectively managing energy use, resource use, waste and emissions
- Strive for intelligent and sustainable solutions in the new homes we build, focusing on energy and water efficiency, sustainable sources of heat and power, materials and air quality/ventilation.
- Recycle, reduce and reuse in our business operations, from printing to lighting to office supplies.
- Encourage and support our staff to use low-carbon transport, offering bike storage, showers, a ‘Cycle to Work’scheme and oyster cards for work.
- Raise awareness among our residents on how they can reduce energy and water use at home and about the benefits of leading healthier, more sustainable lives.
- Measure and report our environmental performance.