www.moveplot.co.uk we or us is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our website, app or call-centres. Please read it carefully. We may change this policy. We will post any changes on this page, so please check back frequently.
For the purposes of data protection law, the controller is www.moveplot.co.uk, 113-114 Commercial Road, Newport, NP20 2GW, United Kingdom.
www.moveplot.co.uk services to individuals and organisations. In order to carry out these services and day-to-day operations, the company may need to collect, share and store data about those individuals and organisations.
• How we obtain information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you (“Personal Data”)
• The types of personal data we collect
• The reasons we process your personal data
• The rights you have relating to your personal data
• Who we may share your personal data with
• Our legal bases for processing your personal data
Controller’s contact details
www.moveplot.co.uk is the controller for personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
Our address is: www.moveplot.co.uk, 113-114 Commercial Road, Newport, NP20 2GW, United Kingdom.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Rashid. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the postal address above.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our websites or on our apps or by corresponding with us by phone, email and live chat. This includes information you provide when you register for an account or subscribe, contact estate agents or developers using forms or phone numbers available on our websites or apps, post in our Ask Me Q&A, enter a competition, promotion or survey, provide feedback or report a problem with our websites or apps.
This information may include any information you add to your profile (for example, your name, address, email address, phone number, Property details, Bank details and profile picture and user name). If you are using www.moveplot.co.uk, this will also include personal information about you.
Information we collect about you
When you use our websites or apps, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources.
Information we receive from other sources
If you use any of the other websites or services provided by the www.moveplot.co.uk , we may receive information about you or your device in relation to that use, including your IP address, information about your visits how you use the services of the www.moveplot.co.uk
We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This could include socio-demographic information and information about your likely interests based on your previous web browsing and purchases. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we collected about you
We share IT infrastructure with other Companies, and so we may share your personal information with those Companies to help store your data efficiently and securely. Other Companies may access your personal information to help provide you with services that you request from those Companies (for example, to help you manage your home) and to provide you with relevant recommendations of other services and products. These recommendations may use inferences about your interests based on your activity on our websites and apps and on other websites and apps operated by other Companies.
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
Agents, developers and other service providers
We provide your personal information to agents, developers and other suppliers when you ask us to do so. For example, when you enquire about a property, we will pass your personal information to the agent or developer handling that property. When this happens, the agents’ or developers’ own privacy policies will apply to how they use your personal information. You can find these privacy policies on their websites and you should check that you are happy with them before submitting your enquiry.
Our service providers: to help us run our business and perform services you request
We may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who provide services to us or where necessary to perform a service that you have requested.
Advertisers and advertising networks: to serve relevant adverts to you and others
We may provide your personal information to our partner advertisers and advertising networks that require that information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
Analytics and search engine providers: to help us improve our services
We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your personal information with third parties for the following reasons:
If we sell or buy or rent any business or assets
If we sell or buy or rent any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or those assets, along with its professional advisers. If www.moveplot.co.uk (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired, personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
To obtain professional advice
We may disclose your personal information to obtain professional advice (for example, from lawyers or financial advisors).
How do we get your information?
The vast majority of personal information that we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• You have enquired about one of our services including purchasing a property, Rent a property etc. with us
• You have attended or requested tickets to attend one of our events
• You contact us over email, telephone or social media
• You have subscribed to our email newsletter
• You have applied for a job with us
• You represent an organisation which we work with or wants to work with us
We may also receive information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
• You have made an enquiry about a property or service through one of our marketing providers, or through one of our property developers
• You have purchased one of our properties through a third party agent
• A friend or relative has referred you to us, as you are interested in a property or service from us
• One of our employees gave your contact details as an emergency contact or referee
What information do we collect?
We may collect, use, store or transfer different kinds of data about you:
• Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data including address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account details.
• Purchase Data including details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing preferences indicating whether you would be interested in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Why do we use your information?
The way we process your information will differ depending on the reason you provided it to us. These include but may not be limited to:
• Assisting you in identifying suitable properties
• Processing your reservation of a property
• Protecting agents and preventing fraud
• Providing and communicating our services
• Operating and improving our website and other online services
• Assessing and processing your application for a job
• Complying with legal obligations
Your data rights
You have the following rights to your personally identifiable information in according with the GDPR. Please note that we will only comply to the extent required to by law and, if it is legally required to keep your details the way they are, we will be unable to comply with your requests.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personally identifiable information that we hold. This includes:
• Why we have your details
• What we do with your data
• Who has access to your personal details?
• Where we may transfer your details
• What types of data we have
• How long we intend to keep your data and why
• Whether we use your data for profiling and automated decision making
• What security measures we have taken if we store your data in a different country or with an international company
Right to rectification
If you think that information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that rectify it.
Right to erasure
If you no longer consent to us holding your information, you may request that we delete all of your details from our systems. However, we may have legal obligations which mean we are unable to delete some or all of your details.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we stop using your data in a particular way, for instance for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of data that you have provided to us, in order to transfer it to another organisation.
Who do we share your details with?
We share your details with selected service providers who help us to provide our services to you.
These companies are as follows:
• Google Analytics
• Social Media
• Our office ads
• Any third party service providers
Lawful basis for processing
We process your information under one or more of the following bases:
When you request information from us, join our newsletter, ADS on our websites, filling online forms, purchase a property or rent a property you request your clear and unambiguous consent to us processing your personal details for this purpose.
We will process and use your personal details to fulfil our contractual obligations so we can provide you with your requested products and services.
We will process and use your personal details to carry out and improve our products and services, send you marketing communications, risk assessment, fraud prevention, and suppressions and opt out of communications, web analytics, cloud storage and backup, and other
Compliance with laws
We will process and use your personal details to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws.
Note that you may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to learn about the options that some of the third parties we work with offer for opting out of certain ad targeting activities. You will need to visit those websites from each browser and device that you would like to be covered by your opt-out. Because the opt-out tools may depend on cookies, you may need to visit these sites again to reinstate your preferences if you delete your cookies.
If you would like to raise a complaint over the way that www.moveplot.co.uk processes your information, do so in the first instance to the Data Protection Officer.
If you are unsatisfied with the way your complaint is handled, you can contact your Country Data Protection Authority if applicable. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this policy
We regularly revisit this policy and update it from time to time. This policy was last updated in May 2018.